Agios Nikitas (Saint Nikitas), the only seaside village in all the west part of the island of Lefkas, is a picturesque, traditional village, surrounded by the most beautiful beaches of the Ionian Sea. It is 12 km far from the town of Lefkas and 30 km from “Aktio” airport. Hotel “Kalypso” in Agios Nikitas is certainly one of the best choices for unforgettable holidays.
With “Kalypso” as a starting-point, you can easily explore the whole island. The hotel’s manager and staff will give you all the necessary information about the sights and your entertainment during your stay at the island.
It is worth visiting:
• The villages of the mountainous Lefkas. There, you can see the traditional wedding of Lefkas, participate in the “lentil festival” or admire and buy magnificent embroideries
• The astonishing “Prince’s islands” in the east Lefkas. Daily cruises take place around them, setting off from Nidri and reaching Kefalonia and Ithaca
• The monastery of Virgin Mary “Faneromeni” and its ecclesiastic museum
• The castle of Santa Maura
• The folklore and historical museum in the town of Lefkas. One of the oldest traditional folklore festivals takes place every august, part of the “literature and art festival” of Lefkas
MORE INFOS AND PHOTOS